Computational inference of ancestral genomes
- New: Ancestor was used in a reconstruction of the ancestral primate XIST locus.
Horvath JE, Sheedy CB, Merrett SL, Diallo AB, Swofford DL,
Nisc Comparative Sequencing Program, Green ED, Willard HF. Comparative analysis of the primate X-inactivation center region and reconstruction of the ancestral primate XIST locus.
Genome Res. 2011 Jun;21(6)
Pubmed PMID 21518738
- Ancestor v1.1 (better estimation of Indels)
- Results can be downloaded as a single .ZIP file. (2 February 2010)
- Results view with the species tree (2 February 2010)
- Option for multiple sequences alignment (MSA) here. (2 February 2010)
- Option for rooting directly the trees here. (2 February 2010)
Important: Currently Ancestor v1.0 only support DNA samples.